Saturday 9 April 2011

day 40

So first a confession, on Thursday night I had a bit of off piste indulgence, I shared a nice bottle of wine with a friend, oops, but it was lovely ! I'm not going to make excuses because when I saw it there already open when I arrived I knew what was going to happen... anyhow Friday and Saturday have been perfect pcp days and the weight is still dropping, Today I swapped the skipping for a 7.5k run and a swim, well more of a splash with my daughter ....

I'm not so starving hungry now, I still feel the milkshake is not enough at dinner but its bearable, I guess I am running quite a big energy deficit so post pcp to be in equilibrium I will be able to eat a decent bit more than I am at the moment.

I see the comments on lack of energy that other people seems to experience now and also from those in the group ahead, I am thinking while I still have fat to burn I will have a good energy level but when that fat becomes scarce I may droop a bit, for now I have very good energy levels and sleep a solid 8 or 9 hours a night, which is more than I used to.

The exercises seem to be about the right level, the dips I can't do full sets still and 6 sets of incline pull ups is too many but the others seem to just about get done, the planks after the sit ups today were tough but I can tell during the sit ups I am way better at them than day 1.

I have not even thought about trying the skipping first thing in the morning, it seems so uncivilized, Its usually lunchtime before I can even think about facing any exercise, I may give it a try this week, my current routine means I have to have a minimum of 3 showers a day and create a mountain of laundry as I shower in the morning then again after my skipping/run and again after my exercises.

1 comment:

  1. Billy - if you want to drop weight - do skips and workout pre-morning shower before your slave makes you your PCP breakfast. That is the way to see results. You need to build up muscle and lose fat - in your case, more of the later (which was like me). Do you have one of those scales that measures your fats (visceral), BMI and stuff? I am guessing you'll be the same as me. Also - no indulgences mate - you're only cheating yourself. Keep it up Billy - you're getting close to half way and will soon have newbees: you don't want them to kick your arse hey. Also - look forward to seeing you here: you can come over for a PCP lunch or dinner.

    ReplyDelete