Saturday 5 March 2011

Day 5 - feeling good

Feeling good today, did all the exercises and skips just before lunch and it felt good, much less sore now where the initial rope jumping had me hurting on the first couple days, then went out and really enjoyed an excellent salad for lunch, thinking pre lunch workout is going to be the best time of the day for me from now on.

I jumped with running shoes on today and found it drastically increased the tangling by making my feet a little bit bigger, I was thinking the barefoot I had been doing may lead to some impact issues with no cushioning, tomorrow my plan is barefoot but on one of these plastic foam mats my daughter plays on which should give a nice soft landing ...

Good luck everyone ...   

4 comments:

  1. Hello William: great you are doing this like me - you need this.

    OK: here are some answers that will help mate:
    - skip on a shiny surface, I have used my marble entry which is the best: although wooden floor, tiles, etc. Carpet is the worst.
    - you need to wear shoes as it supports your feet and yes, helps with impact.. Anyway - I had the same question and that's the answer I got. Also - if you do it bare feet it actually hurts when the rope whips your feet.
    - see if you can do your workout before breakfast - first thing in the morning. This will come out later in the emails (although Fish gave me a heads up) that you lose more weight if you work out first thing - before you eat brekky. I have been doing this. Actually just as I need to get in the office I am getting up at 5am and getting the workout squared away. I am used to it now and seriously - sets for an active and alert day.

    Just as you in the half of anything phase - go for it. Eat your usual stuff like pizza, burgers, foie gras- but just half of it.

    My comment is longer than your blog. Keep at it mate. Now to get Kotaro on board so we all live well into our 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tips, I will keep up skipping with shoes on then I guess, I kind of like lunchtime though, before I shower and have breakfast sounds a bit too manky ...

    I think wombat will do it if we keep the pressure on him, the more people he sees do it the bigger incentive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hello William! I bought a pari of futsol shoes, much smaller/lighter than running shoes, but protects you from whipping your toes....there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting , will have a look out for them and give it a try..

    ReplyDelete